THE JAPANESE FILM SEASON IN LONDON (JFS)
A contemporary Japanese film festival began in 2002 as an annual event
at The London College of Printing (LCP). The college is part of The London
Institute, Europe’s largest education centre in art, communication
and design and related technologies.
JFS shows independent Japanese films and the work of young directors which
have not previously been shown in the UK or outside of Japan.
• Wide variety of new Japanese films such as features, animations,
documentaries, short, and art films from kitsch to classic epics are shown.
• The festival aims to inspire a London audience to experience a
cultural exchange between Japanese and non-Japanese, and also to meet
and connect with the emerging talents of contemporary Japanese filmmaking.
• JFS is a great opportunity for showing and promoting Japanese
independent films in foreign countries and hopefully it will become a
bridge between Japanese filmmakers and the UK film industry.
Director of JFS ; Mariko ANDO
Project Manager (Tokyo) ; Mika YAMAZAKI
Project Manager (London) ; Taeyoung CHO
Executive (London) ; Rie SUZUKI, Christopher POWELL, Mina OGAWA
Advisory Board in London;
Dr Will BRIDGE (Head of College at The London College of Printing)
Marice CUMBER (Director of The Enterprise Centre for The Creative Arts)
Paul BOWMAN (Graphic Designer, Director of BA graphic design at The London
College of Printing )
Rachel SMART (Management consultant for creative businesses, Director
of Rachel Smart Limited)
We have also been given some valuable advice and support from
Toshiki MASUDA(LOFT CINEME Producer), Hiroaki SANO(Cultural Attche, Embassy
of Japan) MAAYA(Calligrapher), Takeshi OSHIMA, Selwyn CHAN
e-mail ; firstname.lastname@example.org
The London College of Printing , lecture theatre
Elephant&Castle London SE1 6SB
£2.00 (no concession)
*All films are shown in VHS Video with English subtitle.
24th JUNE 18:15 open 18:45 starts
FUGA (2001 / 106 mins) Dir; Yuzo UMEZAKI
25th JUNE 18:30 open 19:00 starts
1. THE MAN WHO (2003/ 18 mins) Dir; Masaharu ITO
2. JUST A DROP OF MAGIC (2001/ 53 mins) Dir; Mana YASUDA
• THU 26th JUNE 18:15 open 18:45 starts
1. THE SUMMER CLOUD (2001 / 28 mins) Dir; kazuyuki SUETAKE
2. NUTS (2001 / 9 mins) Dir ; Yuko CHIGIRA & Tomokazu & Shu KAGEYAMA
3. BOY’S SONG (2003 / 27 mins) Dir ; Lisa KUDO
4. FIS (2001 / 33 mins) Dir ; Satoru BANNO