For sales, commissions and to send comments to the artist click here
Product Design Engineer
Product Design Engineer looking for a primarily conceptual and technical design role.
Design experiences include development of orthopaedic surgical instrumentation, design consultancy concept briefs, airline business class seat development and design for injection moulding. I have an extensive dual career background in both the design and the aviation technical fields. My design folio shows evidence of a creative and credible ‘Design Process’ in my work, including concept creation and development, 3D modeling, functional and operational prototyping with testing and responsibility for project management. Although trained as an engineer, I have long had an inherent interest in design and creativity. My design folio shows evidence of a creative and credible Design Process in my work, including concept creation and development, 3D modeling, functional and operational prototyping with testing and responsibility for project management.
RELEVANT KEY SKILLS:
· BSc Product Design, 1st Class Honours from the University of Brighton
· Over 2 years design practice working on a variety of products.
· Commercial Design experience working from brief to development and final design.
· Creative problem solving and thought processing through 2D sketching and 3D modeling.
· NTCAD Solidworks approved training courses.
· PC and Apple Mac computer literate. Other software use includes: Rhinoceros3D, some use of IDS I-deas and AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Lecturing at two separate universities on their BSc Product Design courses.
· Recognised academic and practical, fixed and rotary wing aircraft apprenticeship training.
· Technical and practical knowledge of Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering.
· Over ten years industrial employment in various roles within aviation maintenance.
· Proven communication and interpersonal skills in leadership and organisational roles.
· Successful results from team working, achieving and managing projects within tight deadlines.
People and organisational skills include: Arranging work, family and friend events and holidays. Crewing as part of a UK West Country Yacht expedition.